Las Vegas PRIDE Pets Festival
Celebrate Diversity at the combined Las Vegas PRIDE Festival & Las Vegas PRIDE Pets, where everyone is welcome. GLBT families, couples, and singles along with their friends and straight allies come together for an entire day of fabulous fun at Sunset Park (at the corner of Sunset Rd. and Eastern Ave.).
Sunset Park (the new location for the Las Vegas PRIDE Festival and returning location for Las Vegas PRIDE Pets) will feature two beautiful outdoor stages surrounded by soft, cool grass, plus a food court and convenient drink stations. There will be more than 100 exhibitors on site. You can relax on the lawn as you are entertained by the festival’s featured performers, as well as great local talent. Watch for more revisions to the festival grounds (and overflow parking with free shuttle service to the festival). We are also pleased to announce the continuation of the Family Activity Zone filled with fun activities for parents and children 12 and under.
Las Vegas PRIDE Pets will occupy a specially designated area of the festival with pet-friendly exhibitors, play areas, and more. Although the PRIDE Pets area will be specifically organized with pets in mind, the entire Las Vegas PRIDE Festival will welcome your leashed and well-behaved pets throughout.
Bartenders from local LGBT bars will be will be serving water, soda, Bud/Bud Light, wine, and mixed drinks to whet your thirst. We are working to bring you a delicious food court this year so you will have even more great food from which to choose.
Las Vegas PRIDE is proud to continue its green efforts following the success of last year’s recycle program. As in previous years, RENUoil will be donating the labor hours of a team of their employees that will work with their portable sorting table. All bags of trash will be collected and then sorted by RENUoil’s Recycle Team. They will recycle all of our plastic water, beer, and soda bottles as well as all aluminum, paper and cooking oil from our food vendors. This will prevent potentially thousands of pounds of recyclable materials from ever hitting the Las Vegas Landfill. Southern Nevada Association of PRIDE, Inc is proud of their continued quest to become a more environmentally responsible PRIDE. Go ahead and throw all your recyclable materials in any of our trash receptacles. We’ll do the recycling for you!
The PRIDE Festival is open to the public from noon to 10pm on Saturday, October 22nd and from 11am to 6pm on Sunday, October 23rd.
PLEASE NOTE: Appropriate attire is required. All clothing, costumes or other apparel worn at the Festival must comply with the Obscenity Statutes of the State of Nevada and Clark County. Genitals (and nipples if female or portraying female) must be fully covered. It is a crime in Nevada for a person to make “any open and indecent or obscene exposure of his/her person, or of another person.” This typically refers to exposure of genitalia, backside, and/or a woman’s breasts.
PLEASE NOTE: You may NOT bring coolers, or beverages of any kind into the festival grounds.
Disabled persons may notify the PRIDE committee in advance of any special assistance requests by writing to:
2601 E Sunset Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89120
View Larger Map
Additional Parking Information
Additional overflow parking information is coming soon.
Tails & Whiskers Doggie Walk
Come join us and many other dog lovers for a day filled with family and canine fun! Join us for a pleasant 1.75 mile walk and costume contest at Sunset Park on Sunday, October 23, 2016 (meet at the registration area first – Picnic Area H). Following the walk, all registered walk participants will be allowed into the Las Vegas PRIDE Festival for free by showing their Doggie Walk registration wristbands.
The day will be filled with enjoyable activities including doggie games, raffles, vendors and more. Joining us at Las Vegas PRIDE, we’ll have many dog rescue groups and vendors with wonderful dog related items for sale.
- Registration will take place at Picnic Area “H” (see Park Map – Registration area is highlighted in yellow) from 9:30 to 10:30am
- All Registered walkers will be issued official Doggie Walk Numbers
- Costume Contest Entrants must stay in the “picnic area” for judging after registration
- Only walkers and pets with “Doggie Walker Numbers” will be judged
- Tails and Whiskers Doggie Walk will start at 11:00am after ribbon cutting
- The Tails and Whiskers Doggie walk is 1.75 miles.
- Please follow signs and respect all county-posted signs.
- All participants are required to stay on the paved walkways.
- There will be designated water stops along the walking trail.
- Only dogs and their human companions may participate in the walk.
- Use good judgment about your dog’s health and temperament.
- All dogs MUST BE LEASHED and under control at all times.
- All participating dogs should be current on vaccinations and wearing an I.D. tag.
- Please scoop up after your pet.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed
Do you have a flair for the dramatic? Does your pooch love to dress up and show off on a stage? Then the PRIDE Pets Tails and Whiskers Doggie Walk Costume Contest is just for you and your canine companion! Categories are for both large and small dogs. Total 5 winners
- Funniest Costume: If you spilt a gut laughing when you see it, you’ve found the winner.
- Most Creative Costume: The is the “OMG, I would have never thought of that” category.
- Best Owner/Dog Costume Combo: Humans must be in costume, may have more then one human and/or dog.
- Best Dog Team in Costume: Must include two or more dogs in costume.
- Best Costume Overall: The best of the best.
Judges will choose winners based on showmanship, humor, originality, design & color, tasteful and creative presentation. Use your imagination! Homemade costumes are often the best. Even if you want to get a store-bought costume, doctor it up to make it your own!
Entrant must register to be in the PRIDE Pets Tails and Whiskers Doggie Walk. You can register the day of the walk but it may be easier to complete the form and pre-register online.
Entrants must complete a “Contest Form” with name, contact information and a description of your dog and the costume clearly written if you would like the MC to announce your dog and to be included in our winners’ publicity should you win. Be sure to sign the form.
- Entrants will be given a participant number, which much be worn so that it is visible to the judges.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- Each dog must have his/her own adult walker.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed.
- No entrant is eligible for more than one award.