The Southern Nevada Association of PRIDE Inc. created the Safer Sex program in an effort to help promote widespread access, usage and acceptance of condoms as a vital component of AIDS prevention. As a part of this program, Las Vegas PRIDE makes free safer sex kits available at many of our events throughout the year.
Proper, consistent use of a condom:
- Prevents transmission of HIV by 80-95%
- Reduces the risk of gonorrhea in men by 70%
- Reduces the risk of syphilis
- Consistent use prevents the spread of HIV
- Reduces the risk of sexually transmitted infection during oral sex
- Reduces the risk of HPV, herpes, Chlamydia, and pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Average cost of a condom is about a dollar